Do you have plans to buy or sell land in the UK? Are you looking for information related to properties and lands available in a specific zone in England or Wales? Want to invest in a property in the UK, England, or Wales? Do you have plans to start your venture in the UK, and you need to invest in property for the same? Using the HM land registry search UK, people can look for residential or commercial properties available in the country for buying or selling purposes. Feel free to search for them, irrespective of whether you want to own it or not. The information accessible by doing HM land registry search online is only applicable in England and Wales.
There can be several questions in the minds of people when it comes to the land registry. The most common is, what is the HM land registry? Why and when it is required to do the registry? How to do the HM land registry search? What information will the HM land registry data will include? Let’s discuss each one by one.
What is Land Registry and why it is a must to register a property here?
As stated above as well, Land Registry is the ownership of all kinds of land/property in the UK. It provides the owners with an entitlement that is given by the government. The department also provides a title plan indicating the land or property boundaries. Once the property is listed in the register, the department of HM Land Registry makes sure to update any changes in the ownership, leases, or mortgages information that can impact it. Registering the property on time in the right HM Land Registry offices guarantees and secures your rights. After all, it is the proof of ownership, saving your land from any fraud or risk in the future. In fact, the registry even helps in changing or upgrading or selling your property in the future.
It is only required to register your property if it has never been before. If someone is buying or inheriting your property, then it means that he/she is taking ownership of the same. Thus, anyone in case taking ownership of the property or taking it on the mortgage must apply to register at Land Registry for either of the purposes, as mentioned below.
- Ownership of an unregistered land/property
- New Ownership of the land/property
- Any interest impacting the property, including a mortgage, or a lease, or a right of way, or trust declarations
Which data does the Land Registry provide access to?
Want to know of the information that HM land registry data provides access to? At the Land Registry platform, you get access to all the records of properties available in the UK. The data covers the following:
- The title plan – It dictates the property boundaries
- The title register – It shows the owner’s name, the mortgage status, or the price paid for that property
- The title summary – It shows the lender’s name, along with the exact status of the property, whether it is on leasehold or freehold
- A flood risk indicator – It provides the likely information on the property to be a flood
Anyone is free to do check out the register to look at the HM land registry customer information centre or see the prices of lands, or about the registered property, etc. The search process can be done via the address or via location. For an instance, if you look for the HM land registry Scotland, or say HM land registry Gloucester, then you can search for all the properties registered, on the mortgage, or on lease in those spaces. If you want to do the check on any registered land, like about its past owners or so, it is advisable to request a copy of the deeds from the HM land registry.
Is the information available at Land Registry can be downloaded?
The data that is available at the Land Registry can be downloaded easily, but it takes a small fee for it. For an online copy of the title plan or the title register, the site charges £3. Though, these online copies cannot be used as official evidence of ownership. In case, you require to prove the property ownership, it is required to order an official copy online from the official governmental portal.
About HM Land Registry Offices:
It is possible to do the HM land registry map search to look for the respective offices, HM land registry address, or the HM land registry contact number, or any other information online, through google. The department of the land registry has 14 offices widespread across England and Wales. The HM land registry Croydon office is the headquartered centre. The other offices are located at Coventry, Birkenhead, Durham, Gloucester, Fylde, Leicester, Kingston upon Hull, Peterborough, Nottingham, Swansea, Plymouth, Weymouth, and Telford.
How to do the registration at the Land Registry portal?
Before applying for land or property at the registry, it is a must to have a look at the register making sure if the property is not registered already.
1. In case the property is already registered – You must apply for the registration of any interest affecting the property or any ownership transfer. The interest can be anything, be it a mortgage, or a lease, or anything else. In order to do this, fill in a ‘transfer of whole registered title’ form first. Later, you have to fill in the AP1 form that will register the transfer evidently, along with sending in the forms, documents, and the registration fee to the HM land registry.
2. In case the property is not ever registered – In this condition, you must apply for the first time application form that will ensure registration for the new property. Along with this, the documents, forms, and registration fee will be sent to the HM land registry.
Looking for phone menu options for HM Land Registry? If you are a business customer, or an individual finding property online, any information about freehold or leased properties, mortgage services, or else, feel free to contact the HM land registry phone number 0300 006 0411. If you are wondering if you can visit the land registry office or not? Yes, anyone can visit any of the offices, be it HM land registry Birkenhead office, or HM land registry Kingston upon hull office or else. Even, the headquartered office can also be visited if you need to. Though, it is not required to visit any office, if you want to search for the property information. Everything can be done online, and you can contact the right party without much of the hassle.
Is it possible to do the land registry search at free of cost?
The property-related documents as well as ownership data is not possible to fetch at free of cost from the HM land registry portal or any other platform. Even, many of the information is not accessible directly to the public. Only a search authorized agent having the portal access can check out the documents and provide relevant information to the ones looking for the data.
As the HM land registry has offices spread at different locations, it is a part of the Governmental industry. DataGardener is an authentic top business listing directory offering a preview of the kinds of information related to land registries, corporate land registries through in-depth B2B data analytics services. Anyone can check out the corporate land property and owners’ details in the corporate land registry data. Like HM land registry corporate has all the properties registered information, similar to this, the intelligence analytics data is provided by DataGardener. It also gives access to contacts, competitor’s information, financials, etc. There are different filter options through which
the registered properties in the UK can be accessed and a few of them are as below.
1. Price – Anyone can put the minimum cost and maximum cost in this filter and he/she will get access to only those lands that come in that range.
2. Building Name/Number – The property can be searched using the specific building name or number.
3. Street, town, or city – It helps in shortlisting the properties to a large extent, and if you have a special interest in any town or city, it is advisable to use this filter.
4. County – If anyone wants to sort out specifically the HM land registry in Wales, or in Weymouth, or anywhere else, simply select the county and get the access.
5. Postcode – It helps the person to narrow down the list and search for properties in the specified zone.
6. Build type – It is possible to put the filter depending on the building type. Be it an old build or a new build, the data can be fetched.
7. Land Tenure – It is possible to get access to the list of all the properties available in the UK, whether they are on a leasehold or on freehold.
8. Property type – The filter can be put in case someone wants to check only terraced properties or flats, or semi-detached ones, or detached ones, etc.
Which information will you get access to at the DataGardener platform? For example, if you choose to search for all the freehold properties in the UK, a list will come indicating the following attributes:
- Property type
- Land Tenure
- Build type
- Building name or number
- Secondary name
- Town or city
Getting access to such a large volume of the data, HM land registry sold prices, address, and much more is going to be helpful for sure. Also, it can help in investing your money in a lucrative opportunity that will reward you in the future. Or, putting your money in buying or selling in any property in the UK.
What is the HM land registry?
HM (Her Majesty’s) Land Registry is the government non-ministerial department. It was established in 1862 registering the ownership of the land and property in Wales and England. This department of UK reports directly to the Department for Energy, Business, and Industrial Strategy. There are different offices at several locations helping prospective buyers or sellers, or individuals in looking for the lands in those areas. Just for an example, the HM land registry Fylde office helps in providing supply title deeds, conveyances, leases, title plans, transfers, or any other land registry related document in the Warton, UK. At HM land registry, you can get access to the following details:
- Search house prices
- Search property ownership information
- Title deeds
- Boundary questions
- Registering property or land
- Practice guides
- Fees, searches or forms
- Search for local land charges