API integrations are getting a lot of attention, and they are crucial in the digital transformation space. However, a non-technical individual might easily become lost in the sea of standards, terminologies, and changing trends.
So, what exactly is “API integration”?
An API integration is a connection between two or more systems that allows them to share data via their APIs. API interfaces fuel operations in many high-performing companies that sync data to boost productivity and increase profits.
What is an API?
An API, or “application programming interface,” is, according to Amazon Web Services:
“…APIs are mechanisms that enable two software components to communicate with each other using a set of definitions and protocols. For example, the weather bureau’s software system contains daily weather data. The weather app on your phone “talks” to this system via APIs and shows you daily weather updates on your phone.”
…But what does this really mean?
Understanding APIs and API integrations
API is an abbreviation for Application Programming Interface. In the context of APIs, the term Application refers to any software that performs a specific purpose. An interface can be viewed as a service contract between two programmes. This contract specifies how the two will communicate with one another via requests and responses. Their API description explains how developers should organise those calls and responses.
Typically, API architecture is described in terms of client and server. The client is the application that sends the request, and the server is the application that sends the response. So, for example, when you access the weather app on your mobile phone, you are witnessing the magic of an API integration! The server is the bureau’s weather database, and the client is the mobile app.
Why is the demand for API Integrations growing?
API connectivity enables systems to share data and communicate with one another without the need for human intervention. Through their APIs, you facilitate the connection between two web tools or applications. It enables organisations to automate systems, improve data exchange, and integrate existing applications.
In today’s world, businesses cannot afford to ignore the necessity of API integration. Following the development of cloud-based products and apps, businesses must consider having a connected system in which data is automatically passed between various software tools. API integration enables this by allowing applications in a given ecosystem to share process and enterprise data.
The Benefits of API Integration
API integration has numerous major advantages. Among the most notable are:
- Automation – API integration enables the automatic transfer of information and data from one application to the next. Successful automation helps to eliminate the manual (human) component, saving time and reducing errors significantly.
- Flexibility – API integration enables businesses to evolve since it eliminates the need to create connected systems and apps from scratch.
- Streamlined Visibility/Communication/Reporting – API connection provides end-to-end visibility of all systems and processes, allowing for better communication and reporting. You may successfully collect and monitor data with a streamlined method, resulting in solid reports based on particular and comprehensive information.
- Minimise Errors – API integration enables the transfer of complicated and large amounts of data with fewer errors and inadequacies.
What are the benefits of DataGardener’s API integration with your system?
You can connect your system to our data sets using our API capabilities to streamline prospecting, client onboarding, compliance, due diligence, and monitoring, making internal procedures much more efficient.
What isn’t always so straightforward is the creation of the API in the first place, which is where our data ‘packets’ come in. You can have all of the data or choose one of our pre-determined packets, such as:
- Company API – Company Details
- Finance API – Financial Data
- Land Registry API – Corporate Land Data
- Related Companies API – Understanding Related Companies and Directors
- Company Documents API – Document Details/Originals
Some specific benefits include:
- Directly access DataGardener’s real-time data sets in your system.
- Increase conversions by receiving real-time alerts on the optimum time to contact your prospects.
- Discover additional data elements to help you find opportunity areas and create accurate reports.
- Discover more information to contact prospects directly by phone, email, or direct mail.
- Track job or company changes as they occur, providing your teams with up-to-date information.
API integrations are the engines that keep technological innovations going. API integrations and API integration technologies are currently in high demand.
It’s safe to assume that platforms will continue to evolve in the near future to meet even more complex Enterprise requirements.
If you want to learn more about working with APIs, visit www.datagardener.com/company-data-api to learn more about our APIs and request a bespoke demo of our solutions.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.